Allity are committed aged care professionals dedicated to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we are committed to "making every day the best it can be".
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced hands on Maintenance Officer to join our team at Highwood Court in Burwood on a Permanent Part Time basis, working 2 days per week, Tuesday and Thursday between 0800-1600.
You will be responsible for ensuring planned and corrective maintenance and repairs are carried out safely in an effective and timely manner. You will maintain an excellent standard of work and present in a professional manner. You will also be involved in projects, equipment replacement and budget preparation. Your strong relationship skills with residents, contractors and suppliers will be a key part of making sure every day is the best it can be.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- General maintenance skills such as painting, plastering, equipment repairs, minor plumbing & electrical issues and grounds maintenance.
- Flu Vaccination and evidence (this must be obtained prior to interview)
- OHS White Card
- Current drivers licence
- Experience in the provision of high quality customer service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound documentation and computer skills
- Current Flu Vaccine Certificate
- Trade qualification
- Previous experience in aged care, health or hospitality industries
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check and a pre employment medical.