Allity Aged Care are committed to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and our employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we aim to "make every day the best it can be".
About the Opportunity
Nestled in a quiet street in Sydney’s South West, Bass Hill Aged Care is well established and known in the local community for the Home’s consistency in offering personalised quality of care and lifestyle to residents. Easily accessible via the Bankstown bus service, family and friends have the benefit and convenience of public transport.
We are seeking a dedicated and professional Cook who is passionate about providing friendly and efficient food services to residents and can provide kitchen and food preparation support. This role will require the successful candidate to commit to Sat and Sun shifts from 7.00am - 3.30pm.
Reporting to the Chef & GM, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring all food service activities are completed in accordance with Food Safety Plan (FSP), Allity Food Standards and as directed by the Chef.
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S
- Assisting with general food preparation, kitchen duties, stock control and continuous improvement activities.
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Previous experience as a Cook is essential
- Flexibility & commitment to work on weekends is essential
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Current Flu Vaccination Certificate
- Knowledge of good hygiene practices
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Professional presentation
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please submit your resume by clicking in Apply.
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.