Allity Aged Care are committed to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and our employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we aim to "make every day the best it can be".
About the Home
Glendale Aged Care offers all levels of permanent and respite care and are known specialists in supporting and caring for people living with dementia making this home one of the most comprehensive Aged Care facilities in Victoria.
Our home has a unique architectural style offering the privacy of generous apartments with ensuite bathrooms as well as a selection of newly refurbished rooms now available. Residents can enjoy the security of peaceful courtyards and a variety of quiet sitting areas at their choosing. For those who like to socialise, our newly built cafe is the place to be for residents, families and friends to catch up over a barista coffee and daily cafe delights.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a dedicated and professional Cook who is passionate about providing friendly and efficient food services to residents and can provide kitchen and food preparation support.
This role will require the successful candidate to work on a casual basis with possible weekend work.
Reporting to the Chef & GM, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring all food service activities are completed in accordance with Food Safety Plan (FSP), Allity Food Standards and as directed by the Chef.
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S
- Assisting with general food preparation, kitchen duties, stock control and continuous improvement activities.
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Certificate III in Commerical Cookery
- Previous experience as a Cook is essential
- Flexibility & commitment to work weekend shifts is essential
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of good hygiene practices
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Professional presentation
What We Can Offer
- Ongoing Training and Coaching
- Allity Central - range of employee benefits & discounts
- People Choice Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career pathways
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.
Our values of Respect, Accountability, Team Work, Integrity, Passion and Innovation is incorporated by our staff in our day to day work.
Bring along your passion for aged care and your alignment with these values, and in return, we will provide you with the opportunity to build an outstanding career within Aged Care.