Allity is a Residential Aged Care Provider with a network of 44 Homes across the country. The exceptional standards we live and breathe every day has earned us our reputation as of one Australia’s most respected and trusted Aged Care homes.
At Allity, we have one shared vision: to make every day the best it can be. As an Assistant in Nursing, you’ll have the opportunity to do just that, bringing empathy, respect and understanding to the lives of our residents.
About the Home
Located in Burwood, our home offers all levels of respite, permanent and palliative care and provides residents with the benefits of an environment which supports ‘Ageing in Place’.
Highwood Court has been stylishly renovated to offer a contemporary home-like environment where residents have the choice of enjoying the peacefulness of enclosed courtyards, a quiet library setting or social lounge spaces to invite friends and family. As part of the wider renovations, our home has a selection of newly refurbished single bedrooms with private ensuites.
We are currently seeking experienced and dedicated Food Service Assistants to join our hospitality team on a casual basis. We are seeking dedicated professionals who are passionate about providing friendly and efficient food services to residents and can provide kitchen and food preparation support to our Chef.
Reporting to the Chef & GM, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring all food service activities are completed in accordance with Food Safety Plan (FSP), Allity Food Standards and as directed by the Chef.
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S
- Providing all food service activities to residents including serving meals, and dining room set-up and clearing.
- Assisting with general food preparation, kitchen duties, stock control and continuous improvement activities.
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Previous experience as a Food Service Attendant is essential
- Flexibility & commitment to work across AM and PM shifts.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Current Flu Vaccination Certificate
- Knowledge of good hygiene practices
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Professional presentation
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.
Our values of Respect, Accountability, Team Work, Integrity, Passion and Innovation is incorporated by our staff in our day to day work.
Bring along your passion for aged care and your alignment with these values, and in return, we will provide you with the opportunity to build an outstanding career within Aged Care.