Allity Aged Care are committed to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and our employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we aim to "make every day the best it can be". This is your chance to contribute to, and shape, an organisation that has a very simple, yet powerful vision - "To Change the Face of Aged Care"
About the Home
Located near the picturesque shores of beautiful Jervis Bay on the NSW South Coast, Coastal Waters Aged Care presents seaside living at its best. Coastal Waters offers all levels of permanent and respite care in an environment that encourages independence and lifestyle choices to suit every individual. A dedicated memory support neighbourhood provides a secure place for residents living with dementia to enjoy their interests and have access to support and care appropriate to their specific lifestyle needs.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to our General Manager, the Lifestyle Services Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and quality management within our Lifestyle Services Team to ensure our home operates efficiently and effectively in providing Living and Lifestyle experiences and services for our residents and families. Key accountabilities include:
- In line with Allity’s operating rhythm and QSC visits, conducting reviews of your Homes’ Lifestyle operations to ensure: program content meets the requirements of Allity’s Lifestyle policies and philosophy (re: 8 Elements of holistic wellness); attendance is optimally maintained and/or growing; resident survey results are completed and action focused); compliance with all relevant Aged Care Quality Commission Standards; a culture of Continuous Improvement; and your team is always professionally presented and always in Allity approved uniform
- Encouraging customer feedback and take action. Creating customer advocacy.
- Managing your team through the entire employee lifecycle (from recruitment to succession planning and retention of high potentials),
- Building and managing a team of Volunteers
- Ensuring innovative and dynamic program of individual and group activities and services in accordance with Allity’s framework and standards are developed and displayed in the Home
- Managing your team through the entire employee lifecycle (from recruitment to succession planning and retention of high potentials)
This is a permanent, full-time position offering day shifts across Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (completed)
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience as a Lifestyle Services Assistant or Lifestyle Services Coordinator within Aged Care or Community Services
- Experience working with a range of cognitive and physical abilities
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing innovative programs to meet specific resident needs
- Knowledge and understanding of current Aged Care Quality Standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and all levels of staff
- Availability and reliability to commit to required shifts
- Current flu vaccination certificate
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.
What We Can Offer
- Ongoing Training and Coaching
- Allity Central - range of employee benefits & discounts
- People Choice Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career pathways
Apply only if you are aligned to the Allity values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, & Innovation and can demonstrate how you incorporate these values into your day to day work.
Bring along with you your passion for quality care and in return, we will provide you with an opportunity to build an outstanding career by expanding and developing your skills in Aged Care.