Allity are committed aged care professionals dedicated to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we are committed to "making every day the best it can be".
About the Opportunity
Located in Sydney's northern suburbs precinct of Wahroonga / Normanhurst, this aspirational signature home is now open. The architecture is inspired by the upper north shore manor house, purposefully designed recognising the importance of respecting and enhancing the existing character of the neighbourhood. Greenwood exudes sophistication yet projects the warmth and character of an elegant home.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Maintenance Officer to join Allity on a permanent and full-time basis.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring planned and corrective maintenance and repairs are carried out safely in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintaining an excellent standard of work and present in a professional manner.
- Participating in projects, contractor management, WHS compliance, site inductions, equipment replacement and budget preparation.
- Entering and monitoring work requests utilising a computer aided maintenance system.
- Attending meetings with General Manager & Regional asset compliance manager as required.
- Obtaining quotes as required
- Undertaking maintenance and relocation of furniture to meet occupancy requirements
Your strong relationship skills with residents, contractors and suppliers will be a key part of making sure every day is the best it can be.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following:
- General maintenance skills such as painting, plastering, equipment repairs, minor plumbing and grounds maintenance.
- OHS White Card
- Current drivers licence
- Experience in the provision of high quality customer service
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound documentation and computer skills
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check and a pre-employment medical.
Bring along your passion for quality care and in return, we will provide you with an opportunity to build a meaningful career by expanding and developing your skills in aged care.