Allity Aged Care are committed to redefining the aged care experience for residents, their families and our employees. With 44 locations across Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland we aim to "make every day the best it can be".
As a Registered Nurse, you'll be an advocate for our residents, using your passion for aged care to make a difference to their lives. As a leader, you'll empower your staff to do the same, sharing your vision Allity-wide.
About the Opportunity
Claremont Terrace is designed to ensure comfort and security in a home-like environment offering all levels of permanent and respite care. At Claremont Terrace we adopt a holistic and personalised approach to caring for our residents.
Reporting to our Care Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a consistently high quality of care is provided to our residents, to facilitate and support their continued enjoyment of life within their level of capability. Key accountabilities include:
- Completing the initial assessment and care planning; and the ongoing management and evaluation of resident’s individual care needs within the scope of practice.
- Implementing the nursing care plan as assessed for each resident by the health care team and the resident / representative.
- Liaising with visiting medical officers and other health professionals and residents / relatives in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the resident’s care needs.
- Delivering to residents a holistic concept of care using the resident’s care plan, utilising the ‘Person Centred Care’ approach.
- Supervising, managing and monitoring the standard of care delivered to the residents, ensuring that the care is individualised and person-centred according to resident’s individualised care needs.
- Assessing and planning residents’ care needs on an on-going basis and updating documentation as per protocol.
- Ensuring maintenance of all necessary medical records, including accurate, concise and precise daily and critical reports that will contribute to effective communication and support resident classification claims.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Current Registered Nurse (Division 1) registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 12 months’ work experience as a Registered Nurse
- Availability and reliability to commit to required shifts across weekdays Monday - Friday 0700-1500 (36 hours per fortnight)
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and all levels of staff
- Strong passion for working with the elderly
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.
What We Can Offer
- Ongoing Training and Coaching
- Allity Central - range of employee benefits & discounts
- People Choice Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career pathways