Allity is part of the Bolton Clarke Group. Bolton Clarke (trading as RSL Care RNDS Limited) is one of Australia’s largest independent, not-for-profit providers of home care, retirement living and residential aged care, operating nationally and internationally.
At Allity, we have a mission that is shared by us all to make every day the best it can be for our residents and each other.
About the Home
Located in the picturesque sea-side suburb of Mentone on Port Phillip Bay, our home offers all levels of permanent and respite care and ‘Ageing in Place’ ensuring the personalised needs of our residents are met at all times.
Home to seventy residents, we offer modern and comfortable accommodation, peaceful gardens, casual lounge areas, all within a friendly community atmosphere.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a dedicated and professional Head Chef who is passionate about providing friendly and efficient food services to residents and can provide kitchen and food preparation support.
This role will require the successful candidate to work on a full time basis, Monday to Friday. Successful candidate will have the option of sponsorship.
Reporting to the GM, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Ensuring all food service activities are completed in accordance with Food Safety Plan (FSP), Allity Food Standards and as directed by the GM.
- Ensuring compliance with OH&S.
- Ensure that delicious, well-balanced and nutritional meals are planned, prepared and presented to meet the needs of residents, based on the Allity Standard Menu in consultation with the General Manager
- Assisting with general food preparation, kitchen duties, stock control and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure kitchen, dining room and associated equipment and crockery are clean, meet required hygiene standards in compliance with the FSP
- Ensure purchasing and ordering of all stock and equipment is according to the Allity preferred supplier listing and nominated ordering system.
- Plan and manage the food and kitchen budget, in consultation with the General Manager.
- Assist the General Manager with creating and maintaining an environment that ensures positive and cooperative working relationships
- Any other duties, as required or as directed by GM
To be successful for this role, you must demonstrate the following:
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Certificate III or IV in Commerical Cookery (essential)
- Previous experience as a Chef is essential
- Flexibility & commitment to work extra hours is required
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of good hygiene practices
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Professional presentation
- Current COVID Vaccination (Mandatory)
What We Can Offer
- Ongoing Training and Coaching
- Allity Central - range of employee benefits & discounts
- People Choice Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career pathways
- Salary Packaging Option starting from April 2022
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a national police check.
Our values of Respect, Accountability, Team Work, Integrity, Passion and Innovation is incorporated by our staff in our day to day work.
Bring along your passion for aged care and your alignment with these values, and in return, we will provide you with the opportunity to build an outstanding career within Aged Care.