Allity is part of the Bolton Clarke Group. Bolton Clarke (trading as RSL Care RNDS Limited) is one of Australia’s largest independent, not-for-profit providers of home care, retirement living and residential aged care, operating nationally and internationally
About Princeton View Aged Care
Located in Melbourne’s aspirational suburb of Brighton East, and built on the St John of God Hospital site, our Home offers all levels of permanent, respite and palliative care whilst encouraging independence and lifestyle choices that suit the needs of every individual.
Our Signature Home encompasses the National Heritage Listed ‘Mansion’ which has had completed major renovations in the past couple of years. This elegant Home combines clever integration of contemporary design with the beauty and elegance of the traditional manor style architecture. Our Home provides a barista Café, elegant lounge and alfresco spaces that welcome socialising with your family and friends, or more intimate sitting areas for quiet reflection. Our variety of luxurious single and couple rooms offer superior furnishings and an abundance of natural light.
About the Opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced registered nurse to expand their knowledge and career progression towards a future of potential Care Manager role.
Reporting to our General Manager & Clinical Care Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring a consistently high quality of care is provided to our residents, to facilitate and support their continued enjoyment of life within their level of capability. Key accountabilities include:
- Developing, monitoring and implementing the nursing care plan as designed for each resident by the health care team and the resident / representative, making changes based on clinical assessment and liaising with resident/family regarding care requirements.
- Assisting in the assessment, planning and evaluation of care for residents with complex needs
- Performing comprehensive assessments and develops short and longer term treatment plans in line with diagnostic findings
- Leading case conference approaches ensuring all relevant input is evaluated and considered in planning and providing person centred care
- Driving strong clinical governance across the organisation and acts as an advocate for residents and their families in influencing clinical policy
- Effectively managing complex clinical conditions impacting health and wellbeing of elderly residents including issues relating to poly-pharmacy and poly-morbidity
- Balancing resident autonomy with professional accountability and decision making;
- Supervising and assisting all nursing staff in the delivery of direct and indirect resident care.
- Assessing new admissions in consultation with nursing staff.
- Extensive understanding of quality systems, processes and continuous improvement;
This is a permanent full-time position working Monday - Friday. Generous salary with above industry standards rates which can be negotiable for the right candidate. Visa Sponsorship will be also available for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Current Registered Nurse (Division 1) registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Senior Registered Nurse
- Current flu and COVID vaccination evidence
- Availability and reliability to commit to required shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families and all levels of staff
- Strong passion for working with the elderly
- Ability to delegate and manage staffing when required.
Please note: Our recruitment process involves the completion of a NDIS Worker Check & Police Check.
What We Can Offer
- Salary sacrificing / packaging options
- Ongoing Training and Coaching & Career Pathways
- Range of employee benefits & discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Online Learning Management System
Bring along with you your passion for quality care and in return, we will provide you with an opportunity . to build an outstanding career by expanding and developing your skills in Aged Care.